Close

Hudson Neighbourhood

New release of sections selling now

The final release of sections within the Hudson neighbourhood at Te Whāriki are now available for purchase.

All sites have fibre optics to the boundary and come with free boundary fencing. A complimentary site-specific Geotech report will also be provided. To find out more please contact us on 0800 548 346.

Click on the section of your choice below to find out more details.



Hudson - what’s in a name?

The Hudson Neighbourhood is named after Professor Eric Raymond Hudson (1894-1974) who was Director of Lincoln College (now Lincoln University) from 1936 to 1952.

Professor Hudson lived with his family on the university campus occupying, first, an accommodation wing in Ivey Hall, and later the house known as The Lodge.

Hudson was the first former student and graduate of Lincoln to rise to the position of Director of his old college. He attended Lincoln College after the First World War and completed diploma and degree qualifications in agriculture. In the First World War he had been an officer with the NZ Expeditionary Force in France and was wounded at the Battle of the Somme in 1916. As a Lincoln student he was a member of the College’s First Rugby XV.

In the Second World War, by which time he was Director of Lincoln College, he served in the Home Guard and, as a Major, was commanding officer of a battalion in the Selwyn/Banks Peninsula area.

Hudson ran Lincoln College on firm lines. He was a man of varied talents  - teaching, education administration, political negotiation, practical farming, art, carpentry, and peacetime military leadership in the Territorials, all underpinned by a strict personal moral code, sense of duty, single-mindedness, determination, fairness and concern for the underdog.

He lifted the College out of the Depression era, guided it through the period of the Second World War, and delivered it in good shape into the modern era. He retired in 1952 as a significant and respected public figure in New Zealand and was awarded a CBE for his services to education and agriculture.